Alicat Scientific M-Series Gas Mass Flow Meter simultaneously measures mass flow, volumetric flow, gas pressure, and gas temperature for 98+ gases across a very wide flow range – 0.01% to 100% of full scale.
Alicat Scientific M-Series Gas Mass Flow Meter General Information
Alicat offers a wide range of mass flow meters, including both differential-pressure-based and Coriolis technologies. There are many custom-built options for our differential-pressure mass flow meters, including anti-corrosive, high-pressure, and low-pressure drop options – with portable versions also available for each. Devices specifically tailored for bio and OEM applications are also available.
- Versatile & accurate. Real-time measurements with NIST-traceable accuracy to ±0.5% of reading or ±0.1% of full scale for 98+ gases, including custom-defined mixtures.
- Fast, multivariate data. Millisecond-response times immediately upon powering up, to display flow, pressure, and temperature readings in real-time, in your choice of engineering units.
- Easy integration. Custom process ports and electrical connectors, and your choice of EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, DeviceNet, Profibus, Modbus (RTU and TCP/IP), or serial communications for easy integration into your industrial process.
Read More Articles: Alicat Scientific
Device Specs and Customization Options
M-Series operating conditions
- Compatible gases: 98+ preloaded selectable gas calibrations, including custom gas mixes
- Operating temperature: –10°C to +60°C
- Full-scale operating pressure: 160 PSIA
- Max differential pressure: 75 PSID
- Proof pressure: 175 PSIA
- User selectable reference conditions (defaults): 25°C & 1 ATM (STP) and 0°C & 1 ATM (NTP)
Device Ranges & Full Specs
Devices are custom ranged from 0.5 SCCM full scale to 5,000 SLPM full scale with measurement ranges of 0.01% to 100% of full scale.
- For specs on devices ranging from 0.5 SCCM full scale to 5 SCCM full scale, see the M-Series low-flow device specs.
- For specs on devices ranging from 10 SCCM full scale to 20 SLPM full scale, see the M-Series mid-flow device specs.
- For specs on devices ranging from 50 SLPM full scale to 5000 SLPM full scale, see M-Series high flow device specs.
Alicat Scientific M-Series Gas Mass Flow Meter Features
- Multi-variable process measurements: Simultaneously measure volumetric flow, mass flow, gas pressure, and gas temperature.
- User changeable units of measurement: Change the unit of measurement for pressure, flow, or temperature from our extensive list of engineering units.
- Gas selectability: Select your process gas from any of the 98+ preloaded NIST-traceable gas calibrations in our gas list.
- Gas Select COMPOSER™: Define up to 20 custom gas mixtures of up to 5 constituent gases using our Gas Select Composer™ firmware.
- Monochrome backlit LCD with integrated touchpad: Easily read measurements using the backlit display and control configurations with the user-friendly integrated touchpad.
- User-adjustable standard temperature and pressure (STP) conditions: Quickly change reference conditions without the need for recalibration.
- Optional integrated dual flow totalizers: Totalize mass or volumetric flow every 1 ms for precise tracking of total flow over time.
Build and performance options
- Alicat Scientific M-Series Gas Mass Flow Meter Communications protocols: Analog, RS–232, RS–485, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Modbus RTU or TCP/IP, PROFIBUS
- Displays: Backlit monochrome or color; integrated or panel–mount
- Process connections: NPT, SAE, AN, BSPP/G, welded compression, or VCR/VCO fittings
- Elastomers: Viton, FFKM, EPDM, Silicone
- Calibration: High-accuracy or custom calibration points
Alicat Scientific M-Series Gas Mass Flow Meter Accessories | Sold separately
- Process port fittings and filters
- Power supplies
- Communications cables and conversion cables
- BB3 and BB9 multi-drop breakout boxes
*for further information or to buy this product, just click here.