Pentek’s mission is to provide the embedded community with leading edge system- and board-level solutions for the most demanding requirements in data acquisition, digital signal processing and software radio applications through excellence and innovation. Pentek, an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, was founded in 1986 and is now the premier source for high-speed real-time recording systems and software, data acquisition and I/O, DSP (digital signal processing) and SDR (software defined radio) products.
Pentek customers enjoy the performance and flexibility afforded by our system- and board-level commercial and conduction-cooled product lines and our world-class applications support.
Pentek Best Practices
- Bonded Inventory Program is to guarantee availability of a specified quantity of at-risk Pentek products, because some of the required components have been declared end-of-life (EOL) by the manufacturer.
- Conflict Minerals Policy addresses serious issues and concerns within the supply chain for raw materials.
- Counterfeit Parts Prevention procedure for avoiding, detecting, mitigating, and disposition of counterfeit electronic parts.
- ISO 9001:2015 Certification by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), demonstrating Pentek’s long-standing commitment to quality-of-service standards and customer satisfaction.
- Life Cycle Management allows those interested in tracking Pentek products to obtain the current life cycle status of any product.
- REACH Position Statement: The Regulation, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) is a European Community Regulation related to the safe use and identification of chemicals (Regulation (EC) Number 1907/2006).
- RoHs Compliance Statement some Pentek products are avaiable in a RoHS compliant lead-free version.
- Warranty its products to conform to published specifications and to be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
Pentek Company History
Pentek introduced ArchiTek FPGA Development Suite, a revolutionary product for adding custom IP to select Pentek Talon high-speed real-time recording systems. ArchiTek is a comprehensive development environment that enables engineers to add FPGA IP to recording systems, such as threshold detection, spectral filtering, digital down-conversion, signal classification, demodulation and many other digital signal processing techniques.
Telemus, Inc. included a Pentek Talon RTX 2589 rugged IF recorder for operational use onboard Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs) as part of their ALR-510 ELINT/ESM system. The Electronics Intelligence (ELINT) system incorporates a Pentek Talon RTX series IF Recorder for digitizing and capturing wideband IF analog signals and retrieving them for analysis.
Pentek expanded its family of Talon high-speed real-time recording systems:
- The Model RTR 2742 4U 19-inch rackmount recorder is a turn-key record and playback system for ultra-wideband analog RF/IF signals. Using two 12-bit, 6.4 GHz A/D converters, this system can achieve sustained recording of 2.4 GHz bandwidth signals at rates up to 6 GBytes per second.
- The Model RTR 2757 4U 19-inch rackmount recorder complements Pentek’s Quartz RFSoC products that stream digitized wide bandwidth signals across 100 Gigabit Ethernet. The RTR 2757 is capable of capturing these streams in real time at rates as high as 12.5 Gigabytes per second.
- The RTX 2684 combines the power of a Pentek Talon Recording System with a 26 GHz RF tuner and Pentek’s Sentinel Intelligent Signal Scanning software, packaged in an extremely rugged, small form factor (SFF) 1/2 ATR chassis. Pentek’s SFF recorders provide the performance of large rackmount recorders in the smallest footprint available in Pentek’s Talon product line.
The company continued its line of popular Quartz Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC processor products:
- The Model 6003 is based on the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC Gen 3, providing full sub-6 GHz direct-RF I/O support and greater flexibility with more decimation and interpolation options. The QuartzXM Model 6003 is ideal for 5G and LTE wireless, SIGINT, EW, communications and radar applications in SWaP-critical environments.
- The Model 6350, an eight-channel A/D and D/A converter system in a rugged small form factor enclosure is very suitable for SIGINT and COMINT, military communications, EW countermeasures, radar transceiver, test and measurement, SATCOM, LiDAR, 5G and LTE wireless applications.
- The Model 7050, an eight-channel A/D and D/A converter, PCIe double-wide board based on the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC brings RFSoC performance to PC platforms with a complete system on a board. The Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC FPGA from Xilinx is the industry’s only single-chip, adaptable radio platform, making it very popular for 5G and LTE wireless, SIGINT and COMINT, EW countermeasures, radar on a chip, test and measurement, satellite communications, and LiDAR applications.
- The Model 5550, an eight-channel A/D and D/A converter, 3U OpenVPX board based on the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC and aligned to the SOSA Technical Standard is ideal for many communications, electro-optical, electronic warfare, radar and signals intelligence applications.
- The Model 5903, a 3U VPX high-speed synchronizer and distribution board, optimized for Pentek products using the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC synchronizes up to eight 8-channel Pentek Quartz family boards within a system, enabling synchronous sampling and timing for a wide range of multichannel high-speed data acquisition, DSP, radar, beamforming, 5G, electronic warfare and software radio applications.
Pentek extended its line of Jade Xilinx Kintex UltraScale FPGA products:
- The Jade Model 71871, a four-channel 1.25 GHz D/A converter XMC for RF and IF waveform generation combines two Texas Instruments DAC3484s to deliver four independent analog outputs each through its own digital upconverter and 16-bit D/A with sampling rates to 1.25 GHz…read more