Nemalux MR Series Hazardous Location Pole Mounts, Nemalux’s MR series is one of the most versatile LED luminaires designed for industrial applications. Rated for hazardous (Class 1 Division 2 and Zone 2), marine (UL1598A), and ordinary location use, the MR series is a robust light fixture with optimized features to withstand challenging environments.
Nemalux MR Series Hazardous Location Description
Utilizing a copper-free and marine-grade aluminum alloy for the housing material, all electronics are well protected from environmental impacts and contaminants inside a pressure-equivalized IP66/67 rated enclosure. A multilayer powder coat prevents degradation of the alloy while allowing deployment in corrosive outdoor and indoor locations. Increased fin spacing promotes debris shedding as well as optimized airflow to maintain low operating temperatures for the internal power supply and LEDs.
Impact-resistant polycarbonate lenses provide maximum protection for LEDs as well as secondary optics. Advanced manufacturing processes allow for the inherit texturing of the protective lens, significantly improving the visual comfort of facility operators and reducing the potential for glare.
Perimeter bands surround all light-emitting surfaces to provide a full cut-off feature, enabling the use of the MR in sensitive environments requiring dark sky (IDA) listed luminaires.
Secondary optics provide a wide range of optical profiles to increase light fixture spacing and reduce the number of MRs required to achieve target illumination levels. A wide range of project implementations has shown the potential to reduce the number of lights required for a project by up to 30% when compared to hazardous and industrial grade LED lights from most competitors.
Solder free component replacements are possible with the MR at the end of life to allow the continued use of the luminaire by simply replacing power supplies and LED light engines / MCPCBs.
Three entry locations in ¾” NPT allow for through wiring, reducing the need for additional junction boxes.
Several standard mounting brackets allow common use cases for the MR such as walkways, hand-rails, stairways, platforms, pole tops, building perimeter, wall packs (indoor and outdoor), doorways, low-bays, conveyor belts, surface mounted lights on modular equipment, interior and exterior illumination on marine vessels, saltwater rich locations and much more.
Nemalux MR Series Hazardous Location Specification :
- 3,000 – 6,000 lumen fixture
- Mounting heights of 8′-14′
- C1D2, c/w SLIP FITTER YOKE MOUNT (MR-SFY): 6.55 kg
- 14.7 lbs
- Approved For: General, Marine, & Hazardous Locations
- Input Voltage: AC: 120-277 VAC | HV: 347 VAC (50/60 Hz)
- Ingress Protection: IP66/67
- Ambient Temp Range: -40°C to +55°C
- Fixture Weight: 4.6 kg | 10.4 lbs (mounts excluded)
- Dimensions: 14.5″ x 11.5″ x 2.5″
Nemalux MR Series Hazardous Location Features :
- Replacement for traditional 75-150W HID fixture
- Supports 4 standard or 20 custom optical profiles
- Low 66mm profile for easy installation in tight locations
- A true replacement for standard Low Bay fixtures
- 5 easy versatility mounting options
- Superior lighting throw capabilities
- Design reduces glare and improves safety
- Built-in junction box to minimize installation time
- DLC Qualified on some SKUs
C1D2 | C2D2 | IP66/67
UL Marine Listed
IDA – Dark Sky Approved