Chalwyn MPX CE236 Pressure to Close Butterfly Valve with Manual Close is designed to mechanically latch in the open position for the diesel engine to run. In the event of an engine overspeed condition, direct pneumatic pressure is applied to release the latching mechanism and allow positive spring action to close the valve. The valve is designed to be opened manually. The valve includes options for a microswitch position indication, local stop button close, pushbutton manual cable close, and pull “T” handle manual cable close.
MPX CE236 Pressure to Close Butterfly Valve Features
- For use with automatic or manual electric systems when electric-to-air valve is incorporated (see accessory SVA-200)
- Suitable for hazardous and non-hazardous area applications
- Pressure to close valve is between 29 to 145 psi (2 to 10 bar)
- Local and cable operated manual close options
- Slim-fit 3”, 5”, and 8” (76mm, 127mm, and 203mm) valve body
- Basic flange mount with hose adaptors available (1½” to 8” | 38 to 203mm)
- Valve bodies and discs are PTFE coated hard anodized aluminum
- Shaft and mechanisms are stainless steel
- Drilling rigs (onshore & offshore)
- Drilling support equipment
- Well servicing equipment
- Refinery support equipment
- Mining equipment
- Road vehicles with air brakes
- Large cranes with pneumatic systems
Chalwyn MPX CE236 Pressure to Close Butterfly Valve Specifications
|Pressure to close:||Min to Max||29 psi to 145 psi||2 bar to 10 bar|
|Actuation options:||Microswitch Position Indication (3” and 5” only)|
Local Manual Stop Button
Remote Pushbutton Cable Close (1m to 3m available)
Remote Pull “T” Handle Cable Close (1m to 3m available)
|Valve body size:||3” (76 mm)||5” (127 mm)||8” (203 mm)|
|Hose adapter size:||1½”–4”|
Chalwyn MPX CE236 Pressure to Close Butterfly Valve Operation
MPX Pressure to Close Valve
The Chalwyn MPX Pressure to Close Butterfly Valve with Manual Close is designed to mechanically latch in the open position for the diesel engine to run. In the event of an engine overspeed condition, direct pressure from the engine pneumatic or hydraulic control system is applied to release the latching mechanism. The positive spring action in the MPX valve will close the valve to shut down the engine.
The valve is designed to be opened manually using a reset lever on the top of the valve. The valve should be positioned where the reset is easily and safely accessible.
The basic MPX Valve is available with the options for a microswitch position indication. The microswitch position indication is not available on models with manual close.
Manual Close Options
The MPX Valve has 3 options to allow an operator to manually close the valve: local stop button, remote pushbutton manual cable, and remote “T” pull handle manual cable.
When using the local stop button option the valve, as mentioned in the prior paragraph, should be located where both the reset lever and stop button will be easily and safely accessible. For types with a remote manual stop, position the valve and select the cable length to give a reasonably straight cable run between the MPX valve and the proposed stop button or pull “T” handle position. Cables are available in lengths of 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0 meters.
Download : Datasheet