Capacitive level sensors DLS® are designed for limit sensing of the level of liquid and bulk solids in tanks, sumps, tubes or, hoppers,
silos, etc. The sensors are manufactured in several modifications of sensing electrodes (rod and rope). The electrodes can be given an insulating coating, a useful feature in case of adhesive, aggressive, or conductive media sensing. Rod electrodes are also available in a version with a reference tube for measuring fluids in tanks made from a non-conductive material.
Sensors are manufactured in the following configurations: N – for non-explosive areas, Xi – Explosion-proof – intrinsically safe for hazardous (explosive) areas and XiM – Explosion-proof – intrinsically safe for use in mines with methane or flammable dust presence danger (see technical specifications). There are high temperature performance NT, XiT, XiMT available. DLS is offered in variants with various types of process connections (metric and pipe thread, pressure thread NPT).
- Direct mounting into various containers, silos, vessels, tanks, filling inlets, reservoirs, etc.
- Increased resistance to electromagnetic interference
- Simply sensitivity setting through magnetic pen
- Mode for quick setting of the sensor without the presence of medium
- LED state and function indication
- Wide choice of electric connection via connectors, cable glands, or protective conductor
- The material of housing and electrode from stainless steel
- High stability at high sensitivity (can be used for material with Ɛr ≥ 1,3)
- Xi, XiT versions for usage in explosive areas, or XiM, XiMT versions for mining environments with a risk of hazard by methane or coal dust