Saft is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced technology batteries for industrial and defense applications. In fact, Saft pioneered the development and production of both primary lithium cells and lithium-ion technology and continues today to invest in the development of technologies and solutions that serve the evolving needs of its customers around the world.
Saft’s LS and LSH cylindrical primary lithium cell ranges, all based on Lithium-Thionyl chloride (Li-SOCl2) chemistry perfectly suit high-energy and high-voltage requirements in a wide range of temperatures.
The bobbin construction of the LS range enables the maximum loading of active materials and the correspondingly maximum energy. With its remarkably low self-discharge, it perfectly matches long-term (from five to 20 years plus) applications featuring a few µA base currents and periodic pulses, typically in the 5-150 mA range.
The LSH range has a spiral construction and includes specific models that can operate at the very high temperatures found in oil and gas applications, for example. The cells are designed for applications requiring pulses as high as 4 A.
Features & Benefits
- High operating voltage, stable during most of the application lifetime
- Highest energy density among primary lithium chemistry result point 1
- Lowest self-discharge for extended shelf and operating life
- High pulse capability, thanks to well-controlled passivation with limited voltage delay
- Excellent reliability over the extended operating life
- 20 year+ design with best quality components and materials
- Wide operating temperature range, matching all environment conditions
- Up to 40 years of mass production, with a fully automated process
- Redundant production lines, to optimize supply chain efficiency and mitigate industrial risk
- Low magnetic signature
- Nominal voltage: 3.6 V
- Bobbin construction for the LS range
- Spiral construction for the LSH range
- Cylindrical format: from 1/2AA to D
- Capacity range: 1.2 Ah to 17.0 Ah
- Max pulse discharge rate up to 4 A
- Operating temperature: – 60°C to + 150°C
Kind of Shaft Battery
Lithium-thionyl chloride ( Li-SOCl2 ) Batteries
Bobbin LS cells are designed specifically for long term (5 to 20+ years) applications, featuring a few µA base currents and periodic pulses, typically in the 5-150 mA range. Spiral LSH cells are designed for long term (2 to 10+ years)
applications, featuring a few mA base currents and periodic pulses, typically in the 50 mA-2 A range, and for applications requiring continuous currents in the 0.1-1.8 A range.
Typical values relative to cells stored for one year or less at + 30°C max ; Performances vary according to discharge characteristics (current, duration, frequency), temperature conditions, storage conditions prior to usage and
applications acceptable minimum voltage