The DOR series insertion paddle wheel flow sensor is a very cost effective instrument for accurately measuring the flow of water or water-like liquids in large pipes. The sensor is inserted into the process piping via a thread-o-let or half nipple fitting. Liquid flow through the pipe results in rotation of the affixed paddle wheel. The rotational speed of the paddle is proportional to the flow velocity, and therefore, proportional to the flowrate in the pipe.
The insertion type design provides a measuring technique that is much less expensive than full bore flowmeters, especially in larger pipe sizes. Insertion paddle wheel sensors are a robust measuring technology that boasts exceptional tolerance to dirt and solids. The DOR series features an all 316L stainless steel body. The rotor is made of PVDF or PEEK, with a long-life, graphite/ PTFE self-lubricating bearing.
The DOR has an integral, precision insertion mechanism that allows the installer to insert the rotor to the precise depth in the pipe for optimal readings. Outputs include NPN open collector frequency, and/or reed contact frequency. Optional indicators include battery powered totalizers, loop powered ratemeter/totalizers and batch controllers. The DOR-5 is suitable for “hot tap” installation. With its symmetrical design the DOR may be used for bi-directional flow measurement.
0.25 – 6300 l/s … 0.4 – 49000 l/s
Flow velocity range: 0.3 – 10 m/s
Connection: R 1½, R 2, 1½” NPT, 2″ NPT male thread for pipe sizes DN40 … DN2500
Material: stainless steel
pmax: 80 bar
Linearity: ±1.5 %
|Another Article:Signet 2540 Stainless Steel High Performance Paddlewheel Flow SensorSignet 2537 Paddlewheel Flow SensorKobold DF-H Pulse Output Vane FlowmetersDigital Flow Flange and Thread Type Flow SensorDigital Flow Stainless Steel Flow Sensor|
- HVAC: Hot and Chilled water, Fire system and thermal energy monitoring
- Municipal: Water distribution, water management and water treatment
- Irrigation: Water management
- Water treatment: Chlorination, de-salination and mechanical filtration plants, chemical injection systems
- Refineries: Primary flow additive injection, fire and cooling systems
- Power generation: Boiler feed water, steam condensate, process water and water balancing
- Chemical: Process & cooling tower water, chemical and water batching
- Others: Cement manufacturing, diesel fuel transferring, flow testing, fire truck and hydrant flow monitoring, food processing, pulp/paper, mining