Erdco See-Flo 3200 Meters indicate flow rate and permit visual inspection of water, air or other transparent fluids. For general purpose industrial service, See-Flo® meters handle a wide range of process fluids in vertical or horizontal piping runs. The wedge shape of the meter housing makes See-Flo® practically self-cleaning. Where periodic maintenance might be necessary, the tempered glass window is easily removed and replaced.
- Instantaneous flow rate measurement.
- Observe fluid conditions for color, clarity, and flow.
- Use in horizontal or vertical piping systems.
- Individually calibrated for fluid and operating conditions.
- User-selectable 10:1 turndown flow ranges. (See Meter Rangeability Sizing Tables)
- User-selectable units of measure including dual units of measure.
- No floats to get stuck, tubes to break or dynamic seals to leak.
- Low-pressure loss.
- Simple design with few parts for long service life.
Principle of operation
Erdco Armor-FloTM meters are variable area flow rate meters (“rotameter”). See-Flo® meters are variable area flow rate meters (“rotameter”). The internal volume of the housing enlarges from the inlet to the outlet.
The primary element is a tempered alloy vane with one end affixed to the apex of the meter housing. As the flow rate changes, the vane is flexed in direct proportion.
The 1/2“, 3/4“, and 1” connections typically have female threaded ends. Sizes 1 1/4” through 12″ utilize an integral by-pass housing enables larger connection sizes in the format of a spool with a consistent 12″ end to end dimension. In addition, it permits a wide variety of connection types which include threaded, flanged, grooved ends and tri-clamp.
Accuracy: ±2% full scaleRepeatability: ±1% full scale
Resolution: Maximum-30 division/Minimum-15 divisions
Rangeability: 10 to 1 turndown
Materials of Construction:
- Housing: Aluminum, brass, 70/30 copper/nickel, 316 stainless steel
- Shunt: As housing or carbon steel
- Window: Tempered glass or polycarbonate
- Vane: Cobalt/chromium/nickel alloy with Teflon ® encapsulated magnet
- “O” rings: buna-n, ethylene propylene, Viton® or perfluoroelastomer
- 1⁄2″ to 1″ NPT Female
- 1 1⁄4″ to 4″ NPT male
- 1 1⁄2″ to 3″ Tri-clamp
- 1 1⁄4″ to 6″ Grooved
- 1 1⁄4″ to 6″ Beveled 1⁄2″ to 8″ 150# /300# RF/FF ANSI Flanges (carbon stl)
- 1⁄2″ to 8″ 150# RF ANSI Flanges (stainless stl)
- 1⁄2″ to 6″ 150# RF ANSI Flanges (aluminum)
- 1⁄2″ to 6″ 150# FF ANSI Flanges (brass)
- 15 to 25 mm DIN 2999/BS21/ISO R7 Female threaded
- 15 to 150 mm DIN PN 10 Flanges (316 stainless stl & carbon stl)
Pressure Limits: 200 psig (13.8 bar)
- Temperature Limits:
-23 to 85°C (-10 to 185°F) with a polycarbonate window.
-23 to 121°C (-10 to 250°F) with buna-n o-ring.
-23 to 121°C (-10 to 250°F) with Viton®, ethylene-propylene or perfluoroelastomer o-ring
ERDCO reserves the right to alter the design and/or specifications without notice. Viton® is a registered trademark of E.I. duPont de Nemours and Co.More information please click Erdco