The HSD37 hollow-shaft rotary encoder for extremely tough tasks in industrial applications can accept shaft diameters of up to 1″ (25.4 mm). It works reliably in a temperature range from -40° to +100°C.
By employing a state-of-the-art Opto-ASIC, the rotary encoder is resistant to shocks and vibrations and is suitable for use in the chemicals, food-processing, oil and gas, paper and steel industries. The HSD37 series of rotary encoders also includes intrinsically safe ATEX variants for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
NorthStar’s HSD37 Extreme Duty Industrial Hollowshaft Encoder accepts up to 1″ diameter shafts and operates reliably from -40 to +100°C. Its Hard Anodized finish enclosure exceeds IP66/IP67 and NEMA 6 enclosure requirements. This robust encoder features a double-sealed housing that allows application where regulatory washdown or caustic chemicals are present.
Utilization of an advanced Opto ASIC with innovative packaging techniques enables the encoder to operate in high shock and vibration environments. It is also available in an Intrinsically Safe version, certified to ATEX EEx ia IIB T4, when used with the appropriate IS Barrier.
- Single or Dual Output n Double-Sealed Housing
- ATEX Certification for Intrinsically Safe Applications
- High Resolution Unbreakable Disk
- Electrically and Thermally Isolated
- Industrial Duty Connector
- NEMA 4X, 6 / IP66, 67 Rated
- Rugged Cast-Aluminum Housing
- Stainless Steel Housing Available