Isolating repeater IRU–420 | Dinel-Level and Flow Measurement
Isolating repeaters IRU-420 are designed for supply intrinsically safe level meters in explosive areas and for the conversion of input signal 0/4 ÷ 20 mA to an output signal. Galvanic separation of current signal from explosive area to non-explosive area. The housing of units are made by polycarbonate and ready for mounting on DIN rail 35 mm. Is manufactured in variants for 24 V DC or 230 V AC.
- Universal intrinsically safe isolating repeater of current signals 0/4 ÷ 20 mA with option voltage output 0 ÷ 10V
- For supply sensors with output 0/4 ÷ 20 mA in the explosive area
- Galvanic separation input and output signals
- Option bidirectional transmission of communication signal HART®
- Installation on DIN rail 35 mm
- Variants for 24 V DC or 230 V AC
The electrical connection is performed in a voltage-free state. The supply voltage (terminals 13 and 14) can be connected to mains power only via a fuse or a circuit breaker (max. 16 A)! On to terminals 5, 6 and 7 (blue terminal block, side IN) only an approved sensor with a current output of 0/4 … 20 mA may be connected, conforming to the conditions of the given hazardous area. If the sensor is connected to terminals 5 and 6, then it is also powered from these terminals. If, however, the sensor is connected to terminals 6 and 7, an external power source must be used to power it. The output from the device is a current signal 0/4 … 20 mA or a voltage signal 0 … 10 V with working contacts 9, 10, 11 (grey terminal block, side OUT). Terminals no. 4, 8, and 12, 16 (on version IRU-420-H) are used for the connection of an external communicator HART (HHC – Hand-Held-Communicator).