McCROMETER SPI Mag Electromagnetic Flow Meter with Procomm Converters | Ideal for Clean or Dirty Water Flow Measurement
The SPI Mag™ (Single Point Insertion) Electromagnetic Flow Meter is a hot tappable single point insertion flow meter for measuring forward flow. The sensor is available for oneinch or two-inch taps, depending upon line size and application.
The SPI Mag is a cost effective flow meter solution with a purchase price that is independent of line size making the cost to meter a sixty-inch line the same as a two-inch. The SPI Mag’s hot tap installation allows for uninterrupted service as it installs without system shut-down, de-watering lines, cutting pipe or welding flanges. Installation costs are reduced by eliminating the need for heavy equipment or extensive manpower. The SPI can be easily re-located to various line sizes.
Features Typical Water Applications
- Wastewater : (2” only)
– Waste Activated Sludge (WAS)
– Return Activated Sludge (RAS)
– Reclaim / Recycle
- Clean Water : (1” or 2”)
– Raw Water Intake
– Clear Wells
- Easy to relocate to various line sizes
- Ease of hot-tap installation
- Installs without service interruption
- Insertion design for total accessibility
- Price is independent of line size
- No moving parts
- Does not require recalibration in the field
Specifications SPI Mag Model 282L Flow Measurement
- Volumetric flow in filled flow conduits 2” (50mm) to 96” (2,440 mm) diameter utilizing insertable velocity sensor. 1” meter = 2” to 30” pipe I.D.; 2” meter = 6” to 96” pipe I.D.
- Flow indication in English Standard or Metric units
- Method : Electromagnetic
- Accuracy : ±2% of reading ±0.03 ft/s (±0.009 m/s) zero stability from 0.3 to 32 ft/s (0.09 to 10 m/s) velocity range
- Velocity range : +0.3 to +32 ft/s (+0.09 to +10 m/s)
- Direction measurement : Has reverse flow indication
- Sensor : Polyurethane exposed to flow
- 2” sensor mounting : PVC and Stainless Steel exposed to flow. (Stainless Steel Insertion Tube Optional)
- Compression seal : Buna “N” O-Ring seal exposed to flow
- Pressure/temperature limits
– PVC Insertion Tube: Up to 105°F (41°C) at 150 PSI
– Stainless Steel Insertion Tube: Up to 160°F (71°C) at 250 PSI (McCrometer recommends the use of Stainless Steel).
Compression gland seals for 0.125” to 0.375” dia. round cable
IP68 submersible sensor
To determine insertion tube length for typical near wall installations, divide the pipe I.D. by 8 and add 18”. For full profiles, add 18” to the pipe I.D. Tube assemblies include rods and mounting hardware.
- 1” tube
– Stainless steel tube, 12” length. Will profile 4” pipe I.D.
– Stainless steel tube, 24” length. Will profile 16” pipe I.D.
– Stainless steel tube, 36” length. Will profile 28” pipe I.D.
- 2” tube
– PVC tube, 18” length. Will profile a 10” pipe I.D.
– PVC tube, 24” length. Will profile a 16” pipe I.D.
– PVC tube, 30” length. Will profile a 22” pipe I.D.
– Opt.: stainless steel tube. Specify length – 65” maximum