McCrometer’s award-winning Mc Mag 3000™ provides growers and irrigators with a new alternative for flow measurement. With a 5-year meter warranty, a 5-year battery life, and saddle mount design, the Mc Mag 3000 delivers the dependability and ease-ofinstallation McCrometer has provided to the agricultural market for nearly 60 years. The electromagnetic sensor offers accuracy as good as ±1% while being designed to naturally shed debris.
The meter is available to fit a common range of agricultural line sizes, from 4” to 12” diameter pipe.
The innovative design of the Mc Mag 3000 saddle mount meter features a multi-point angled sensor that sheds debris, making it ideal for use in surface water, livestock waste lagoons, and other dirty water applications.
Using electromagnetic technology to measure the water flow, the Mc Mag 3000’s precision sensor corrects for shifting velocity in the pipe by constantly obtaining the mean velocity from its multiple electrodes. The result is a highly accurate (as low as +/- 1%) flow meter.
The meter combines an innovative saddle, precision sensor, and a battery powered integrated electronic converter package with data logging capability to provide accurate flow measurement for full-pipe flow monitoring applications.
The integrated electronic converter is secured with tamper resistant screws to protect against unauthorized access. The meter offers flow rate and total water used and a 5-year warranty. The Mc Mag 3000 features three 3.6V lithium-thionyl chloride (LiSOCI2) D size batteries, with one serving as back-up power. The main power batteries are easily replaced in the field. Pulse and 4-20mA output are available for remote meter reading or SCADA. The Mc Mag 3000 is McCrometer CONNECT wireless system compatible, which allows users to access flow data by simply logging on to the Internet. This eliminates costly manual meter reading.
- 5-year meter warranty
- 5-year battery warranty
- Battery powered for easy installation – eliminate the hassle of cables or AC power
- Durable design – Proven in tough environments
- 10 minute DIY replaceable battery pack, keeps your meter running
- Made in the USA
- Center Pivot Systems
- Well Monitoring
- Water Distribution
- Livestock Waste Lagoons
- Surface Water
- Golf Courses and Park Management
|Another Article:McCROMETER FPI Mag Electromagnetic Flow MeterMcCROMETER V-Cone Flow MeterMcCROMETER VM V-ConeMcCROMETER Wafer ConeMcCROMETER ExactSteam™ V-Cone® Flowmeter|
Description and Operating Specifications
- Pipe Sizes : 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″
- Body Style : Saddle mount
- Pressure : 150 psi (10.3 bar) working pressure
- Accuracy :
± 2% with default calibration
± 1% with custom Factory calibration
- Conductivity : Minimum conductivity of 50µS/cm, for lower conductive fluid consult Factory.
- Empty Pipe Detection : Hardware/Software, conductivity-based (optional)
- Electrical connects :
Optional shielded cable for 10-32VDC/4-20 mA output
Optional shielded cable for pulse out
- Pipe Run Requirements : 3D Upstream / 1D Downstream
Display and Measurement
– 2-Line LCD display (no backlight), 16 characters per line
– Non-volatile memory
– Anti-reverse totalizer (standard)
– Total (to 9 digits of precision)
– Flow Rate and Velocity (to 5 digits of precision)
– Two alarms: low battery and empty pipe (optional)
To preserve battery life, a push-button on the housing activates the display.
- Digits : 5 Rate, 9 Total
- Units : US gallons, US gallons x1000, US gallons x1,000,000, cubic inches, cubic feet, cubic feet
x1000, cubic centimeters, cubic decimeters, milliliters, liters, deciliters, hectoliters, kiloliters,
megaliters, cubic meters, cubic meters x1000, acre feet, acre inches, imperial gallons,
imperial gallons x1000, imperial gallons x1,000,000, standard barrels, oil barrels, and miner
Rate scales : seconds, minutes, hours, and days.