The drum emptying system VISCOFLUX lite is used to transfer higher-viscosity media which are just capable of flowing out of ISO drums with lid. In the Ex version it is suitable for the use in hazardous areas of zone 1 and for transferring a wide variety of flammable media (zone 0/1). The system transports the media gently and continuously.
Like the VISCOFLUX and the VISCOFLUX mobile, the VISCOFLUX lite leaves just less than 1 % of the media in the drum.
The components of the VISCOFLUX lite drum emptying system are the FLUX eccentric worm-drive pump with motor,
the pump centring plate and the follower plate with process seal. The follower plate is put directly onto the media in the drum. The pump centring plate is fixed above it on the edge of the drum. The pump is then routed through the opening of the pump centring plate and the follower plate guide down to the bottom of the drum. The eccentric worm-drive pump creates a vacuum, so the follower plate goes down.
The flexible process seal of the follower plate makes sure that almost no material remains on the drum wall. The material transferred is hermetically sealed in. In this way, the VISCOFLUX lite empties drums to less than 1 % residue. After the transfer of the medium, the follower plate is released from the bottom of the drum by means of compressed air.
- Transfers higher-viscosity substances that are just capable of flowing
- The flexible process seal makes sure almost no material remains on the drum wall
- Residue in the drum less than 1 %
- Mobile for easy transport to the drum
- Eccentric worm-drive pump for gentle transport of the medium with little turbulence and pulsation
- Combination of pump and motor can be individually adapted to the medium to be transported (modular system)