The ULS® ultrasonic level sensor is compact measurement devices containing an ultrasonic transmitter and an electronic module. Using a transmitter, the level sensor transmits the series of ultrasonic pulses that spread towards the level surface. The transmitter receives reflected acoustic waves that are subsequently processed in the electronic module. Based on the period during which the individual pulses spread towards the level and back, this period is averaged by the electronics that perform temperature compensation and subsequently a conversion to output. The output of the ULS sensor consists of a PNP transistor with an open collector or a two-state current switch 4 mA / 20 mA.
Thanks to the contactless measuring principle ultrasonic level meters are suitable for continuous measurement or limit level sensing of liquids, wastewater, sludge, suspensions, adhesives, resins in various open and closed vessels, sumps, open channels, and drains. Use for organic solvents or substances, which contain organic solvents, should be consulted with the manufacturer.
Usability for level measurement of solid materials is limited, there is a shorter measuring range. We recommend using the level meter for such a medium to consult with the manufacturer. The setting is carried out either using two buttons or a magnetic pen or by remote setting in case of Modbus RTU output. The device is equipped with an optical indication of its state (RUN) and the setting process (STATE). It is manufactured in designs for normal (N) and explosive atmospheres (Xi).
- For limit level measurement of liquids (even if polluted), mash and paste materials in open or closed vessels, sumps, open channels, drains, etc.
- Variants of the level sensor with adjustment by two buttons, or by magnetic pen
- Xi version for usage in explosive areas
- State indication by two LEDs
- The output is PNP transistor with an open collector (max. switching current 300 mA) or two-state current switch 4 mA / 20 mA
- Wide choice of electric connection via connectors, cable glands or protective conductor
- Reception of reflected ultrasonic signal from level can be improved using horn adapter
Variant of Sensor
- ULS–53_–01–_ measurement range 0.1 m to 1 m, all-plastic design, source of PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride), mechanical connection with thread G ¾.
- ULS–53_–02–_ measurement range 0.20 m to 2 m, all-plastic design, source of PVDF, mechanical connection with thread G 1”.
- ULS–53_–06–_ measurement range 0.20 m to 6 m, all-plastic design, source of PVDF, mechanical connection with thread G 1 ½”.
- ULS–53_–10–_ measurement range 0.4 m to 10 m, all-plastic case, source of PVDF, mechanical connection with thread G 2 ¼“.
- ULS–53_–20–_ measurement range 0.5 m to 20 m, all-plastic case, source of PVDF, mechanical connection with the flange of aluminum alloy.
|Another Article:Flux Centrifugal Immersion PumpsFlux Container Pumps MINIFLUXFlux Pump Kits for AcidsFlux Pump Kits for AlkalisFlux Drum Pumps, Barrel Pumps and Container Pumps|